Friday, July 17, 2009

Start Spreadin' The News!

In less than 12 hours, we'll be off to to New York City for the mission trip choir/tour with FBC Jackson.

I'm so excited about it.

Here are some things you can be praying for:
- Traveling mercies (safety to and from airports, in the air and on the ground, no lost luggage and smooth journeys)
- Safety throughout the duration of the stay. It's New York, y'all. Although I've been there twice before, it's still New York, y'all.
- Good health. I'm nursing a head cold acquired from the beach and I have to sing a solo in one of the concerts. I'm significantly better than I was a few days ago but the voice is still a little rough.
- No distractions. This trip is different than say going to Honduras or Africa. There's a lot in NYC that can distract me from what I'm really there for. Pray that my eyes are focused on what God is doing rather then the "pretty lights and neon signs."
- Pray for the people that we will be working with as well as anyone who may hear us sing. Let everything we do be a reflection of God's glory and may the Lord prepare the hearts that he wants touched.

0 comments: