Saturday, July 18, 2009

In A New York State Of Mind

Well, we made it to the Big Apple safe and sound, but not without a few bumps in the road. But God showed himself faithful and powerful through them and I couldn't have been more delighted to see it.

One example was when we got to our lay over in Atlanta (no Real Housewives spotted this time either), we had about an hour to get some food, gate to our gate and relax before boarding. Well, a little while after we got to our gate (Gate B25), we figured out that the flight they were boarding wasn't our flight. So I went up to the desk and asked a nice young lady if she knew what the deal was. She dialed it up on the computer and said that the flight had to moved to Gate 4B. And it was at the gate but she didn't know if it was boarding or not.

Y'all, that's a whole 21 gates down. That's like eight miles in airport talk.

So we booked it on down to Gate 4B (and I'm praying the whole way) and lo and behold, God pulled through and our flight had been delayed from Newark. So we weren't departing until 2:30 p.m. now. We had a whole 'nother hour and a half to spare.

We got to Newark about 4:30 this afternoon and a sweet little Middle Eastern man came and picked us up and took us to our hotel. We even went through the Lincoln Tunnel. We had to restrain Dad from rolling down the window and "hollering" a la the way we do it in Mobile on family vacations.

We finally got to the hotel, the Grand Central Hyatt, right next to Grand Central Station and a few buildings down from the Chrysler Building. Great view.


We headed out to see The Lion King down on Broadway (which is where I believe God looked down and said "Let there be singing of show tunes and choreographed dancing." And then he said it was good.) It's right smack-dab in the middle of Times Square. Times Square is a lot different than the last time I saw it which was about nine or ten years ago. They have blocked off Broadway at 57th (I think) to create a pedestrian mall. It's pretty sweet.


Of course, Dad and I were acting like pure tourists with the point-and-shoots out capturing every step of the way.

The Lion King was as fantastic as it was the first time I saw it and Dad very much appreciated it as his first-ever Broadway show. I'm tellin' you folks. That there is a good starter for Broadway rookies.


Anyway, I must go because we've got an early call tomorrow morning. First up is The Brooklyn Tabernacle, something I'm so excited about. Then on to the U.S.S. Intrepid for a couple of concerts.

(P.S. I took lots of pictures but I just don't have time to load them right now. Hopefully, I get some on here tomorrow.)

Keep praying! God's already working!

0 comments: